The leadership team of Alexandria Covenant Church met on Monday night, March 16 to discuss the Coronavirus pandemic, its impact on our lives, and to develop an action plan for the church in the weeks to come. We believe that it is important for us to do our part in helping to “flatten the curve” in the spread of COVID-19. For the next two weeks, our church family will experience many new ways of doing life together as a church.
We understand the importance of staying connected through difficult and challenging times. We look forward to providing new opportunities for the church family to be encouraged, challenged, and equipped for ministry. God has given us a great opportunity to help people in our world understand that there is a way to live in times of uncertainty with peace, confidence, and courage. And that comes from knowing Jesus!
Beginning March 17 through March 31, you can expect the following changes at Alexandria Covenant Church.
1. Our worship services on Sunday, March 22, and Sunday, March 29, will be live stream only. The church campus will be closed on these two Sundays. You will be able to watch our live stream worship service at 9:30 AM on Sunday mornings at alexandriacovenant.org. We will also show a rebroadcast of the worship service at 11:00 am and 6:00 pm on these Sunday mornings.
2. The Sunday morning sermon will be posted online at alexandriacovenant.org and on the Alexandria Covenant Facebook page each Monday.
3. All Wednesday and Wednesday night activities on March 18 and March 25 will be canceled.
4. Following the CDC guidelines and government recommendations, small groups of 10 people or less will be allowed to meet at the church at this time. It is required that you schedule a room through the church office as limited space will be available. The church campus is considered closed for these two weeks, unless you have scheduled a room and time with the church office to meet.
5. All groups or ministry activities that involve more than 10 people will not be permitted to meet at the church between March 17 and March 31.
6. No nursery or childcare will be available at the church from March 17 through March 31.
7. Food will not be allowed to be brought in or served at the church between March 17 and March 31.
8. The office will be open and is available to receive phone calls, 320-763-5659, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
9. Now is a great time to consider online giving. You can sign up for online giving through the church website. Click here to sign up. You can also mail your tithe directly to the church office, 4005 Dakota Street, Alexandria, MN 56308.
10. Communication to the church family will come through emails, the church website: alexandriacovenant.org (click on the Coronavirus Update on the homepage), Facebook and Instagram posts. If you have Facebook and/or Instagram, please follow us to receive the most current updates and information. We understand that not everyone has access to the internet or social media. Please feel free to print and share this information with others or call the church office for up-to-date information, 320-763-5659.
11. The Alexandria Covenant Church ministry staff will be developing online resources for children, youth, and adult ministries. You can look forward to receiving these resources through all our communication platforms.
12. Should you need to reach a staff member; you can do so by contacting the church office at 320-763-5659 or you can email us through the church staff directory on the church website.
The leadership team of Alexandria Covenant Church will be monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely. We will be meeting regularly, making adjustments, and sending out updates as needed.
Whether meeting in person or not, the ministry of Alexandria Covenant Church will continue. We are committed to developing the technology needed to effectively bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to our world. We are also committed to making sure that the Alexandria Covenant Church family will remain connected and equipped for the ministry of the church.
The times are unprecedented, and we can live confidently that God is in control. God will care for His church and is giving us opportunity to share Jesus with others. Remember to pray for others, encourage one another, and take advantage of every opportunity that God will give you to share the love of Jesus with the people in your life.
See Philippians 4:4-9 for a word of encouragement.
Pastor Trinity Opp