We are all aware of the evolving situation with COVID-19. And it seems like the world we live in has changed dramatically in the last two weeks because of it. It is important for you to know that the leadership of Alexandria Covenant Church is staying on top of a developing situation and will implement any necessary action steps to keep Alexandria Covenant Church a safe place for worship and ministry. We will keep you informed of action steps through email, Facebook posts and notifications on our website.
Our first response to the COVID-19 is trusting God through prayer. Let's pray together for the following:
- People who are sick with the virus
- People who are scared and anxious
- Public health officials
- Doctors and nurses
- Federal, State, and County Officials for wisdom
While we will continue to pray; Here's what you can expect to be different this weekend: no handshakes, but many more friendly smiles, more hand sanitizer, and different methods to limit contact between our guests. We will continue to sanitize surfaces regularly and sanitize toys in our Covenant Kids spaces. Bring your own coffee this Sunday, as we will not be serving coffee and cookies.
We want to remind you that the Patio space is available for additional seating during the Sunday morning worship services. One of the recommendations for keeping people safe is keeping adequate space between us. Feel free to check out the Patio for worship, you will find it to be a great space for worship.
As we know more about the virus and its impact on our community grows, we will make necessary adjustments to keep everyone as safe as possible. We highly encourage you to follow the CDC’s best practices for keeping yourself safe from the COVID-19. See information here.
If you are not feeling well, we encourage you to stay home and rest. And if you are 60+, particularly those who are health compromised, please do not feel guilty about not attending church on Sunday morning.
All Sunday morning messages from Alexandria Covenant Church are posted online on Monday at alexandriacovenant.org and on the Alexandria Covenant Church Facebook page. You can also watch the Sunday service on the Local Access Channel 181.
How can you love people well during this season?
- Pray. We believe that prayer can do powerful things. Let's pray as a church family for those affected by the virus, for our local community, and the world at large as we navigate this virus together.
- Call your friends and family. Even as we lean towards social distancing as a tactic to protect the elderly and vulnerable health populations- it doesn't mean we need to be disconnected. Reach out by phone, email, or social media to let them know you are thinking of them (while still keeping them safe).
- Reach out to those in isolation. Know of someone who is in self-isolation or at the hospital? Give them a call or shoot them a message; isolation can be incredibly difficult on a person's mental health and well-being. Just because they are alone, doesn't mean they have to feel alone in it.
We believe we have an opportunity for faith to overcome fear and bring peace in this situation.
Let's join together in prayer, love each other well during this challenging time, and bring God's peace to our community!
See you Sunday!
Pastor Trinity Opp